Careers at DGA
POSITION # 0719
WAG Pre-Competitive and Competitive J0 1-9 Coach
Dakota Gymnastics Academy (DGA) is looking for positive, reliable, hardworking, and dedicated individuals to join our team as WAG Pre-Competitive and Competitive J0 1-9 Coach.
We are looking for a skilled, outgoing, and motivated WAG coach. Must be able to coach athletes with strong basics and proper technique.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Be able to work unsupervised and provide mentorship for other coaches
Have experience in conducting pre-competitive and competitive programs
Excellent spotting skills
The ability to teach choreography and to choreograph routines is an asset
Help to grow and develop our programs and membership
Support with parent meetings and team coaches' meetings
Communicate with gymnasts and families on the gymnast's progress regularly
Help with administrative work
Willing to work with recreational programs
Willing to assist with the facility maintenance and screening due to the pandemic
Qualifications and Skills:
Minimum NCCP Level 2/Competition 1 certified.
Level 2 Trampoline is an asset.
Minimum 3 years experience coaching pre-competitive and/or competitive programs.
Respect in Sport
Ability to teach choreography and to choreograph routines is an asset.
Good team player that is willing to increase knowledge and qualifications continuously
Excellent communication skills and good spoken and written English
Ready to work daytime, evenings, and weekends
Attend competitions and training camps
Be fully vaccinated
Job Type: Full-time permanent position
Salary: $35-55000/ annually, depending on qualifications and experience
Benefits package will be available after six months probation period
Relocation assistance is available for the right candidates.
Join the Dakota Gymnastics Academy team and be part of our reputable and successful gymnastics club in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Interested applicants can submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
POSITION # 0717
Women's Competitive and Pre Competitive Artistic Gymnastics Coach J0 1-5 Level
We are Hiring!
Dakota Gymnastics Academy (DGA) is looking for a positive, friendly, hardworking, and dedicated individual to join our team as Women's Competitive and Pre- Competitive Artistic Gymnastics Coach J0 1-5 Level. Come and join the Dakota Gymnastics Academy team and be part of our reputable and successful gymnastics club in River Heights, Winnipeg.
The candidate needs to demonstrate strong leadership abilities and be skilled in collaborating with other. He or she should have great organizational skills and an excellent attitude with children, youth, and families. A high level of professionalism is a must, both inside and outside of the gym. This individual will help set a positive atmosphere for our gymnasts to train and compete. He or she will play a critical role in developing our Women's Pre-Team and Level 1-5 athletes and growing our competitive team program. Previous gymnastics coaching experience is essential. He or she will also work with individual athletes to achieve their gymnastics goals in a safe, inclusive and fun environment.
Joining DGA gives you the opportunity for growth and development, a competitive salary and to be part of a dynamic and professional culture.
· Work for an established NFP corporation and make a positive difference!
· Various casual roles are available too.
· Excellent working conditions and promotion options
· Professional development growth
· River Heights location
· Pay commensurate with experience
Expectations and Responsibilities:
· Have a decent working knowledge of gymnastics skills for competitive and overall gymnastics
· Be able to work unsupervised and provide supervision for other instructors
· Have experience in conducting competitive and general gymnastics programs
· Conduct process of identifying and recruiting new team athletes from our recreational program
· Train team athletes in proper form and technique for skills and routines
· Use level specific and age-appropriate stretches, exercises, and training to help the athletes progress
· Conducting training and competition for the DGA competitive and pre-competitive Programs
· Building and planning lesson plans and create appropriate workouts, noticing techniques, etc. for successful and safe training
· Support with parent meetings and team coaches' meetings
· Communicate with gymnasts and families on the gymnast's progress regularly
· Assist with competitive team clinics and special events
Requirements and Qualifications:
· Minimum of one year of competitive gymnastics coach experience
· Friendly, positive, and professional
· Current on required training for Instructor level membership
· High school or equivalent (Preferred)
· Excellent organizational skills
· Superb communication skills with gymnasts and their families
· Ready to work evenings for practices
· Ready to travel to competitions during competition season
· Able to work as part of a dynamic team
· Part-time (12-15 weekly hours)
. Be fully vaccinated
This position requires an application including a resume and a cover letter addressing the Key Skills and Experience as detailed in the Position Description.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes thorough safeguarding of children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with Dakota Gymnastics Academy.
We are running a very COVID safe sports club. We have sanitizer everywhere, a one-way flow of traffic in and out of the gym and a strict cleaning regime.
For applying firstname.lastname@example.org or click